We’re opening the style file – send in your vexing fashion questions!

How can I break out my spring finds right now? Got a new way to wear a denim jacket? What’s a modern way to wear a suit?

Got style questions? We can relate. So we thought we’d give you a forum for answers. Send in your most vexing fashion problems - just write them in the comments section below. We’ll go to some of our favorite experts for the answers and report back. (Added bonus: We’re guessing our Members will have some fabulous insights, too.)

February 23, 2010

Comments

for this spring the gladiator sandals are embellished and longer than ever! what do you think about knee high gladiator sandals? better in glossy patent or matte leather? :D

I live in NYC and need a new pair of every day jeans…my had-them-forever button fly halogens have finally died. Easy wear, straightish leg, med or dark blue, comes in a long length so I can wear with flats or low heels, and not too expensive! ???

It has been suggested to me that my wardrobe full of pleated pants are out-dated. Is that true? I have always thought they look more interesting than flat fronted pants.

Spring may be coming, but I’m not ready to put away my boots. Can you wear boots in the Spring? For how long, and what kinds?

I would like to know about boot-wearing in the Spring too…Good Question

Also, what designers are providing options for business-casual wear. Something that is appropriate for a non-fashionable office, but is not dreadfully boring.

What colors will be hot this spring? I’m getting tired of my traditional black?

Is it tacky to have shoes and bags match these days?

I never know if it’s okay to tuck tops into pants anymore. A few years ago my teenage daughter told me absolutely no tucking in….

Do skin/naked color shoes go with everything?

I am looking for the perfect work/play black leather purse. what brands do you recoomend I look at?

I have to wear the famous little black dress for work events, and thats often! Who’s got the hottest styles this season?

I see denim shoes in every high fashion designer!! I love them but what style would it be better: strappy sandal, bootie or pump? besides dresses what other must haves spring items and handbags could they be paired with? which ones do you like? :D

If you wanted to purchase one new item for spring to update your wardrobe what would you suggest?? What are the colors for spring??

What “(fill in blank) is the new (fill in blank)” this season?

i see models on the runway wearing sandles with tights or even socks:/ Im trying to muster up the courage to wear tights with a great pair of booties that have a great heal and happen to be open toe, any guidelines? or is it simply a don’t

also I hate flip flops/thong sandals are there any alternatives in summer footwear not too revealing but still fun, feminine,nand sexy ?

Help, I am a 41 year old single mom of two teenage boys (can’t believe I said it outloud). I want to be stylishly sexy without dressing too young for the office and when I go out. What are some basics? I am a slender 4-6.

I’m getting married and need some advice on bridal fashions. So many brides these days change into shorter “party” dresses for their reception but I feel like this is my only time to be a bride and wear this beautiful dress. Should I change too?

I see denim shoes everywhere! what would you recommend them the most in: sandals, booties or pumps? what spring must-haves could go with them?

I also wish for an update in my spring.summer wardrobe. I love to change looks and styles often and am a size 4 but with curves so what can you recommend. I love sandals but no flats if possible…

I want to own a pair of platform pumps. Ideally, I would wear them for the weekend evenings. Can I wear platform pumps (5 in) to work? Something conservative like black patent pumps. Is that too stylish for a corporate office environment?

I lost weight, have renewed my wardrobe almost exclusively with clothes from Rue-La-La!!! It has been an amazing journey from size 24, to my proud new sizes 6 or 8 bottoms, 4 or 6 tops, depending on designer!!! Kudos to Rue for excellence!!! luv u

Congratulations on your weight loss, tneedle. What a great reward – all new clothes! :)

Our cup runneth over! Thanks so much to everyone who has written in with style questions. We ‘re going to be answering the first batch of them starting this week, so be sure and check back. We’d love our stylish Members to write in with answers, too!

I wanted to know where i can find long zipper leggings and for how much? andd is Rue lala going to have a boutique for sam edelman? let me know!

i’m a 29-year old mom who wants to look stylish but comfortable as i run errands and go out with the kids. (but i hate sneakers and flats!) any wardrobe tips?

I am a soccer mom on weekends and business woman on weekdays. I see some moms wearing heeled sandals to soccer fields and it looks over the top! Yet the sneakers and sweats look is for me gym wardrobe. What is the right stylish shoe for soccer moms?

Thanks again for the questions! We’ve answered many of them, and we’ll answer more in our next Q&A installment. Stay tuned!

so, love my summer wardrobe, needs a few updates. extremely tight budget. what are the must have essentials that are also affordable?

30. Romla says:

emma Posted on if it is a girl then the name shluod be rose and if it is a boy then it shluod be shadow. my dogs name is shadow and I think it fits him very well.

31. Arijun says:

Posted on BTW Elise Best. Post. Ever. From smooene who lives in Florida, and has seen billboards (advertising hoardings to some of you) proclaiming todays rapture.