Five-Minute Pow-Wow: Bernhardt Talks Furniture

AN INTERVIEW WITH ALEX BERNHARDT, JR.

Bernhardt A room Alex loves

It’s high time to feather our nest, so we went right to the source. Alex Bernhardt, whose furniture company bears his name and earns praise for its modern refinement, shares a room he loves, a little of his design sensibility, and more.

Rue La La: Who has made a huge impact on you in this industry?
ABJ: My father, Alex Bernhardt, Sr., CEO and Chairman of our company.

Rue La La: What does style mean to you?
ABJ: To me, style is the visual manifestation of one’s personality.

Rue La La: Sum up your aesthetic in three words.
ABJ: Relaxed, minimalistic, and traditional.

Rue La La: If you had to give our Members one piece of lifestyle advice, what would it be?
ABJ: Don’t be trendy in your home!

Rue La La: What three items would you leave a burning building with?
ABJ: Two vintage guitars and my young daughter’s stuffed duck!

February 11, 2010

Comments

I have several pieces of Bernhardt in my home and looking for bedroom furniture. This company has quality pieces that you will be able to hand down to your children and grandchildren some day. Remember, you get what you pay for!

We agree! The Bernhardt pieces are so gorgeous and so classic. We love how they work with both modern and traditional elements and make a room look incredibly luxe.

This is very beautiful.

I love Berhardt. The quality and the timelessness make it not only a good buy but an investment.
    I hope they are available often.

Great looking furniture. But, since Alex said that style is the visual manifestation of one’s personality – I think it’s OK to be trendy in your home – if that is ‘you.’ His furniture is handsome and timeless. Even so, trendy can be fun!

I cant wait for Rue La La to have a Bernhardt boutique again!! I found a dresser that I LOVED and wish very much that I had bought it. You really do get what your pay for!!! When will the next one be?

We’re so glad you loved our Bernhardt Boutique (we did too)! While we don’t have anything on the calendar, we hope to have more of these amazing furnishing offerings again.

We purchased Bernhardt pieces for our vacation villa in Hawaii. Check out the panoramas here:
    I think it came out fantastic!
    http://www.beachvillaresort.com (Our 3br)