Launched into the Stratosphere!

AN INTERVIEW WITH KATHY ROSE, WINNER OF BRAVO’S LAUNCH MY LINE

Native Rose by Kathy Rose

After the finale of Launch My Line, we sat down with winner Kathy Rose to talk about her new line, Native Rose (sold only on Rue La La!). Light the sage and take a peek at this woman of style, substance, bright lipstick, and positivity.

Rue La La: Have you always loved jewelry and clothes?
Kathy: Ever since I was little, I was obsessed with the encyclopedia, especially the “Gs” and looking at gems! I lived in Iran, where I saw saffron and lapis. Those colors! And I always loved clothes. I’ve worked with amazing stylists, beautiful people like Rachel Zoe, and huge couture designers. When Launch My Line came along, I thought “Okay, I’ll try this,” and then it was “Omigod, I made it onto the show.” And, “I made it to the finale.” I am so grateful.

Rue La La: What are your favorite looks in your line?
Kathy: The first dress I designed, the saffron-colored dress. It’s sentimental. You can wear it barefoot on a beach. You can wear it to a black tie wedding. And my daughter’s name is Saffron. The black jumpsuit – just timeless, timeless insanity! And the sleeveless jacket. Anyone can wear it.

Rue La La: Who do you see rocking your Native Rose looks?
Kathy: I loved seeing all the girls come out – Latina, Asian, African-American. My friend who just had a baby can wear these dresses (with the right bra!). Anyone with confidence can. They’re really not too trendy. They’re timeless. And the prices on Rue La La! They’re great.

Rue La La: What are the wardrobe elements you personally can’t live without?
Kathy: I have a yellow shirt Emil [her Launch My Line design partner] made me that I just love. My classic jeans. And the pieces I designed, I really would wear myself.

Rue La La: Some super famous people have worn your jewelry – Angeline Jolie, Kate Hudson, Penélope Cruz. Are there celebrities you would love to see wearing your clothing line?
Kathy: Madonna has one of my snakes and a really beautiful cross I designed. She’s got that little, petite, gorgeous body, and I’d love to put a jumpsuit on her! Fergie was on the show, and was just so beautiful. She loved my black dress.

Rue La La: And are you inspired by celebrities and other strong women?
Kathy: Yes, Millicent Rodgers from the 40s – her mix of style from that era with Navajo jewelry. Carolyn Bessette – she was so beautiful, effortless, and refined. My mom, growing up – electric blues, grays, silver. I love couture, but with spice – that shaman couture. And I’m inspired by the frequencies of really good human beings. Everything I design has a heartbeat.

Rue La La: How have you celebrated your victory?
Kathy: It really hit us only after the finale! I had a glass of champagne. Emil brought me roses. I got so many emails, friends asking how they could get onto Rue La La. It feels like the world is my oyster – I really can’t believe I won!

February 5, 2010

Comments

Kathy I love the black dress with the blue I think it will look great on women who are a size 2 to size 16 or 18. Thank you for being an inspiration to girls that may want to go into the same profession.

I am so so SOOOOO in love with the open back one-piece when will that be available…actually I am in love with everything!!!!

when is this line available?

I am IN LOVEEEE!!!! Can’t wait to get them…

WHEN?

Kathy Rose’s Boutique opened right after the show and closed today at 11AM! We hope many of our Members got to score some of her fabulous debut pieces.

It closed? Aww

Will her line be available on rue la la again? I love her line!

omg, i’m sorry but Bravo did not explain this concept to viewers. What about those of us who had to watch it on DVR like me–on my lunch break. aye, really–is this effective marketing?

i agree! i had no clue there was a time limit. i loved this entire line and really wanted the wild card dress. i would pay whatever. is there any other place to buy native rose?

is there a way we can order the dress another way because there is one dress that i really want

I so agree! I work fulltime and have 2 small children, I live by DVR! I can’t believe I missed it by a few hours. Please, please, please tell me where I can go by these designs!

I’m another one that agrees; had no idea that there was a time limit to the shopping as I too, must watch by DVR juggling work schedule and caring for an 85 year old invalid mother. Please! I must find some of these dresses!!!

twelve comments? that’s it?

Please re-post another sale! Bravo did not explain the Rue La La concept at all so I had no idea the shop would close down. I am so bummed! I just watched the finale- saved it for Fri night- and now I can’t get any of the dresses that I wanted

After watching the show and recommending it- What a disappointment. It should have been explained availability was limited and immediate. It also makes the prize to the winner seem a bit lame. Launch My Line has lost me as a fan.

such a shame bravo did not advertise a time frame to shop..really would like to purchase the jumpsuit with zebra print belt…when and where can i buy?????

Too bad we weren’t told we had to order within fifteen minutes of the finale. I guess I still would have missed out as I watch on Friday night. I loved this collection; especially the pocket dress. Bravo you have lost me as a fan of this show.

Too bad we weren’t told we had to order within fifteen minutes of the finale. I guess I still would have missed out as I watch on Friday night. I loved this collection; especially the pocket dress. Kathy you rock!!

Yet another Friday night DVR viewer who missed out on the debut. I dont shop often – seeing the beautiful collection on the models allows you to select pieces you would want for yourself – if you knew about the time limit. When can we buy?

I too just watched my DVR of the finale. I logged on to try and buy and now the collection is gone???? How are these clothes going to sell if you don’t have them on here for more than a day?? I will never be back to this site again!!!

Please bring back Kathy’s “Launch My Line’ clothing – leave it on for awhile otherwise give us somewhere to purchase Kathy’s Line.

OMG I LOVE LAUNCH MY LINE…I WAS PREDICTING KATHY TO WIN FROM THE START AND I WAS RIGHT!!!!!!! i would wear her collection anytime

It would be nice to at least see what she had for sale even if not currently available – I feel ripped off.

I had no idea we had to order her peices right away. YOU must make her line available fro sale again ASAP!!

the only reason i got ruelala was for her line…ugh this sucks

the wild card piece was my favorite! but I love them all.

Really? It’s over??? I think Rue La La needs to rethink their marketing strategy in aligning with “Launch my Line.” What a buzz kill.

Shame on bravo and rue la la for not telling us about the time limit to purchase her clothing. I came on this site excited to purchase a piece and now I’m leaving annoyed. What a poor customer experience. I won’t be back.

I agree 100%. It was Launch My Line that brought me to this website to begin with and this DVR user is disappointed to not even be able to see the clothes – and why the “invitation only” ruse? I almost didn’t click to get on the “waiting list”.

I was a fan from the start!!! I am so dissapointed as well as so many others that I am too late to buy your clothing/art!!!!!! You are amazing!

wtf?!?! I was soooo excited to buy from her line! why was it only open for like 1 day!! thats crap! I thought it would be a feature! I’m devastated :(

Agree with the comments above – just watched the finale on demand & thought I could go straight on line & purchase something from Native Rose.. I’m incredibly disappointed that it’s unavailable because Kathy’s line is stunning & this wasn’t explained

does anyone from rue la la monitor these comments? there is a running trend here – where can we purchase kathy’s line and will it be featured on rue la la again!??? ADMIN – please respond to these questions!

I agree….. this sucks, I went on to buy her clothes, and can’t get them. Maybe Kathy should consider selling her line somewhere else, what a disappointment. Please bring them back.

Hi bmaul – yes! We absolutely monitor the blog and we love hearing what Members are talking about. And we’ve all been buzzing here about all of the activity around this post! We’re thrilled so many Members are so excited about Kathy Rose’s line and it’s launch on Rue La La. And we’re sorry that so many of you are disappointed that Kathy’s Boutique has already closed. For those Members who are new – Rue La La runs Boutiques for 2-days only, and we timed Kathy’s Native Rose Boutique to launch the minute the Launch My Line finale ended. But clearly, with DVR, there are many Members who are coming to find Kathy’s line after the Boutique has closed. We hear you all loud and clear, and we’re currently thinking about ways that we can answer the call for more Kathy!

Congratulations to Kathy! I was a fan of hers all along as well as the designer who did the “change in a second” clothing. I think the right winner was chosen and the other gal will certainly do well.

How about some designer clothes for those of us “Rubenesque”, not 14-18 but truly large women? We love to wear bright colors and look pretty too. Kathy’s things could be easily adapted for the large wormen.

oops! WOMEN…NOT WORMEN.

Good to hear…because as another Kathy Rose fan and DVR addict, I too would love a shot at her beautiful line of clothing : )

i wish Kathy’s line still was up for sale. i love launch my line cant wait for next season!!!!!

Waiting patiently for RueLaLa to give us some news on Native Rose and where it can be purchased. It’s such a dissapointment being led to believe that you will be able to buy pieces, which I absolutely love; Bravo Kathy!, then realizing it’s too late.

When can I buy????????

I wish there had been a rue la la commercial or disclaimer. I too watched on DVR. Bummer. Glad someone is reading the posts. Maybe someone will sell on craigs list or ebay. Gonna cancel my rue la la account I guess. No needed now.

What is the reason for only have a fashion line available for a short period of time? I thought the line would be available to the open market. You are going to loose a lot of viewers
    with the misconception of launching a line for 2 hrs

I agree. It may work for the website. But it doesn’t work for most of us on the blog. Not happy.

Among the many DVR watchers who came on to buy pieces from Native Rose…only to find out that the shop closed so quickly! Huge disappointment. I don’t blame Rue La La, they have a working business model..blame Bravo for not warning viewers!

Love the yellow dress.

I too only signed up for Kathys line. Bye bye Rue La La.

I’m also among the DVR viewers. I’ve been a rue la la member for a while and know how it works, but I had no idea Kathy’s line would be available immediately…and that i’d miss it!

I mean, considering its “available exclusively at rue la la” you’d think they’d give it more than 2 days! I feel like not only we’ve been cheated, but Kathy too!

omg! I was on vacation, and was so excited to watch the final show via DVR. I signed up for RueLaLa only to find out her line is NOT available! Shame on Launch my line! I won’t be watching again! Goodbye RueLaLa!

Yea, I too watched on DVR. I knew about the time limit a little too late. But I thought I could at least take a look at her line on Ruelala… She did a great job. I lived vicariously through the
    designers . Guess I’ll watch Project Runway.

I still say this is ridiculous – they can’t even give us a gallery?! HORRIBLE marketing.

I am a high school student and had my heart set on Native Rose’s Wild card/Avant Garde dress. I was planning on using it for prom. I sent my mom to this website to buy it for me and she was so disappointed when she realized that it was too late. :'(

This is the first time I’ve seen boutiques limiting themselves to a small window of time for selling. To be honest, it’s a little annoying. Is this to make people want it more? I would at least like to SEE Kathy’s boutique, even if I can’t shop it.

I Love The last Dress you made with hidden pockets in the zebra dress…I cant wait to see it in stores …It will be a dress i will definitely have to buy…I Love Native Rose:)

Yeah, I came over to see Native Rose and only Native Rose. I feel ripped off by Bravo and have zero interest in RueLaLa except for Kathy’s collection. What a ripoff. Will RLL notify everyone on the mailing list? I doubt it, so I’ll miss it again.

Just another customer who joined this site only to buy Kathy Rose’s collection. It was pretty irresponsible to make it seem available when it isn’t.

WHATT?? I can’t get the clothes anymore???

seriously though, that line was the only reason i A. knew about ruelala and B. even got a membership.

We’re so sorry to hear that some of you missed Kathy Rose’s debut. We are huge Kathy and Native Rose fans too – so we can relate! Rest assured, as long as you’re a Rue La La Member, you’ll get plenty of notice if we’re able to carry her line again.

Yes, I am yet another fan who just finished watching the finale. I’m so disappointed. I wanted one of her dresses for an upcoming event and only joined ruelala for her line. Shame on you Bravo for not explaining any of this to us.

Where is Native Rose? I was so pumped on buying the red dress along with the bright yellow piece for Valentine’s Day and to my surprise…no line. Please Rue La La, get it together and bring Native Rose back!!!!!

I’m very dissapointed you only had 4 of her pieces for sale. Why did they not lauch her entire line??? I would love to have seen more of her pieces. howing 2 dresses, the kimono (not in the original color) and the jumpsuit is not launching her line!

i came on rulala.com and became a member for one reason for kathys line and you guys working for this website completly made a butt out of her line. was it not good enough for rulala? shame on you for keeping her winning line on for a couple of days.

I feel so gutted by this situation, all I can muster is ‘Wow’ after waiting the entire season to make SOME kind of purchase in support of the LML winner…

After catching up on my DVR, I joined rue la la just to have a chance at purchasing a piece of Kathy’s line. I agree with many of the comments above. It woud have been helpful if the time-limited nature of rue la la had been advertised on TV.

I will keep checking in because I really like kathy’s clothes, so please let us know.

I am another DVR watcher and missed it entirely!! Run the line again!! ANd next time it would be great to KNOW in advanced that there would be limited time and pieces!!

Though I loved many peices in Kathy’s line I feel like Eric had a true target customer. Being, a fashion designer myself I know all the work that is involved and Kathy worked really hard. AND TO RUELALA DO BETTER. HER CLOTHES SHOULD BE AVAILABLE!!!!!

Another chiming in: I came for Native Rose! That’s why I joined Rue La La! Oh, Rue La La- it seems you’re getting so much more attention out of this arrangement than Kathy! Think of how many more pieces she could have ALREADY sold a different venue!

Shame on Bravo for not giving more information… I watched the show for an entire season and knew from the beginning that the line would be launched on Rue La La, however never once were the viewers told about the limited time frame of the sale!!

HUGE SHAME ON BRAVO FOR NOT ANNOUNCING “If you’d like to buy one of these pieces, you have 20 minutes” … I signed up for this ridiculous site with the same hopes of being able to view and possible purchase Native Rose. What a waste.

I am also very disapointed to find that we cannot buy pieces of the line. It is very frustrating.
    I came in Rue la la for this clothing line. I hope Native Rose will be available again, and that we will be informed.

To add insult to injury they didn’t have all of her pieces on the website. So if you were lucky enough to sign up in time & go to her boutiques, you were still let down because they didn’t show her entire line. Hell, not even half of it!

I bought The Turqoise Kimono because that was the only thing left. But did you see Meryels face when Kathy won?!? I was lmao

This is really lame. I can’t believe you can’t buy pieces still. You’ve really ripped off the viewers and Kathy.

It’s shocking to think of how many tens of thousands of potential RLL customers and LML viewers like me are so disgusted that we’ll never shop or view this travesty ever again. I can’t wait to cancel my membership!

I can’t believe you didn’t even carry her entire line. What was the point of this show and having it on this website. We have all been let down and ripped off. Bravo and Ruelala better get it together.

Even as a previous RueLaLa customer, this situation is ridiculous. When Project Runway put up Christian’s line on Bluefly, it took months to launch. I wasn’t expecting this line to be up and gone so soon.

I so loved her line on the show and I was so happy Kathy won. I will be looking for the items and hope they come in an XL 18. With age some of us can only shop at Marina Rinaldi for high end clothing. I hope you will cover an 18 I will buy them all!

Back again, this is a new line, she can only have orders for a few at a time and she will be back again! Just watch your emails from RUE LA LA she will have enough for atleast a day. This way you can save money on Gucci,Chanel,who knows WHAT.

Is there anyway we can sign up for emails just in case Native Rose comes back to ruelala? I am amongst the dozens who missed out on the opportunity to buy from this collection. Can we get email updates particularly surrounding this collection?

I can’t believe we weren’t told there would be a time limit. I’m very disappointed in the show for that. Boo to them. This debacle probably cost them many customers and viewers. me included. what a waste of time.

honestly, I think the fault lies with Bravo- not Rue La La, as this is how their company always operates. It is Bravo’s fault for not informing the viewers about the details of the launch & sale. I really hope for Kathy’s sake that they re-launch!

I just watched the show and I actually screamed when Kathy won. I was just saying to myself “I want at least 3 of her outfits”. Came to Rue La La and now I see I’ve missed the whole thing :( Very unhappy about that but I am ECSTATIC about her win!!!!

I am so so sad. I wanted to order. Never knew there was a time line.

Only joined for Native Rose Rue La La… It would have been better to “CLEARLY” note in advertisement during each show that the winning line would only hold an open boutique for such a short time!! I feel used for a membership drive for your gain.

I agree with the above comments…it was never stated her line would be on VERY limited time! Wanted the pocket dress…but too late to purchase.

I wanted the zebra skirt and the red chiffon top outfit. It was beautiful and I was so excited to find it here. Just saw the finale today and am SO dissapointed in the execution of the sale and marketing the line. I feel bad for Kathy’s loss of buyer

How is it possible that the line has already been taken down? What was the point of the show if not to sell the damn clothes?? I really wanted the colorful “Out of Africa” dress with the lovely braided detail! BRING IT BACK!! Very dissapointed.

I’m so disappointed like everyone else. . . . hopefully the RLL contract isn’t a long exclusive contract and Kathy can go elsewhere to have her clothes sold rather than having to wait for RLL to graciously agree to post her pieces a few at a time!

I find this website appauling!!! The show went on for wks and so many hours went into to making all those beautiful peices and then the only glory kathy gets is 15min of sale time!! Thats just incredibly ridiculous in my book!!!:(

show us the clothes at least!

I’m with all the other disappointed fans of Kathy Rose. I was really looking forward to seeing her line on here and I’m really interested in 2 of her outfits from the show. Please put her line back on for those of us who missed it.

I don’t blame Ru La La, I do blame Bravo and Launch My Line for not explaining that this would be a limited time boutique. It seems that RLL is trying to work out how to get Kathy’s line back on here. I suggest writing to Bravo.

After seeing all the comments being yet another DVR user & also being a fan of Kathy I can’t believe you or someone would’t try & sell much more of her line. so many people loved it & she deserves it! I would also like to know where or when.

what she said!

Relax, relax, this young lady is very talented, has succeeded in one area of design and will succeed in her clothing line. I love that they picked someone who designs from her eye and heart and who has a generous creative spirit.

As a busy working woman I watched Launch My Line through iTunes. I joined Rulala to view Kathy’s collection. I find it difficult to believe that there would be such a limited availability. Why even bother to “launch” the line if no one can buy it.

Bummed out that I missed the opportunity to purchase one of Kathy’s clothes. She was my favorite designer, next to the black businesswoman. I’m so glad Kathy won and I hope we continue to see more of her work!

put ur line in a store or some where people can buy them when every

Kathy, where are your clothes??? I just have to tell you you have the best taste in the world, I would love to wear your clothes and never ever take them off!!!!!!!!

I am confused, where are Kathy Roses clothes where are they sold ?is she going to make more ? I know she has a life style and jewelry boutique called ROSEARK but I dont know if she is selling her line at her boutique I loved her clothes

Kathy Rose , would you please tell me where we can buy your clothes my daughters , cuisines and nieces are almost 23 women who loved your show and were betting on you for few weeks ,now that the show is over there is no clothes to buy ,please help

I just was looking at Kathy Roses collection again ,she is absolutely a fresh natural talent ,that’s how people with vision and taste make a different in our lives .please tell me where can I buy her clothes is she designing another collection soon

Ruse LaLa is more like it. To be required to register only to find the sale is closed is deceptive. Went to the link stated on the show. That page could’ve explained how RueLaLa works and given the option to register. I feel duped. Cancelling account

yet another disappointed Native Rose fan- This line needs to be more readily available as there are many women who were not aware of the limited time launch- this show should have been called “Launch My Line…Kind Of.”

Very disappointed…I thought Ruelala would show the line, take orders and ship upon completion/manufacture. What a dissapointment!!!

I will NOT be using your site- your time limits are ridiculous

obviously im not the only one disappointed by the lack of advertisement that the line would only be sold for 15 minutes. that is absolutely ridiculous. you guys should seriously re-think that. you’re losing shoppers & money with a very stupid mistake

dude. when is the next native rose sale? I don’t even need a sale, i just want access to the line!! i must have that black & teal dress.

Supply & Demand, much?

I am really puzzled , where are Katy roses clothes ? It makes me think Rue LaLa and Bravo take advantage of real Artist for selling adds, if you don’t bring her back I am out ,this was the best reality show , sick and tired of gold digger house wives

Ditto with the other 300 comments. I really want the yellow dress and the black jumpsuit with zebra belt. *sigh* BTW Congratulations Kathy you rocked it out!!

Don’t blame Rue La La, that’s there standard sales protocol. Which by the way, works beautifully! Bravo should have expanded on the details. For all of you who are saying goodbye to RLL, thanks, that just leaves more for the contented RLL shoppers!!!

DVR & a first time viewer of LML, everything everybody else has written plus I would love to see a boutique with her jewelry. Your answers to all these comments is vague and not very promising. Can you not just say, we WILL have another boutique.

Hi nafog1. Thanks for your comment. It’s not our intent to be vague, it’s just that we don’t yet know if we will have another Native Rose Boutique. If we do carry Native Rose again, or carry Kathy’s jewelry line, of course we’ll let all Members know!

Too bad. Look at all the sales you would have had.

I just watched the finale and was surprised I couldn’t find the merchandise even two weeks after it aired–now I find out that the sale only lasted a couple days?

Wow–I can’t believe how unbelievably awful this site is. The shortest availability of merchandise and you need to give an e-mail address just to see what they are selling–it’s absurd. Time to figure out how to cancel my so-called “membership”.

WHY IS HER LINE NOT ON THE WEBSITE WHY WOULD YOU PUT IT UP FOR ONE DAY! IT MAKES NO SENSE, HER LINE SHOULD BE PERMANENTLY UP!

My prom is in May..do u know where I can get this line or look to show my mom?is there a way to contact Kathy Rose? When is it going to be available again???

I wanted to order..will this run again???

The Boutique is open right now as I write this – select offerings for just for two more days. You will see it if you scroll to the bottom of the Boutiques page.